Wednesday, June 25, 2014

Previous Engagements

Today, my little sister got engaged, which reminded me of my own engagement. Tomorrow it will have been two years since Tim proposed. Yeah, I'm that girl that remembers every significant date.

The day that Tim proposed, we had plans to go hike Lake Serene, which is actually where he took me for our first "date" a little more than a year prior. I was so excited, because I was sure he would propose at the top of the hike. Well, I woke up that morning to some heavy rain (surprise, surprise). Obviously, we weren't going to hike in the rain. So I went over to his house just to hang out. Since I was sure he wasn't going to propose after our plans were ruined, I didn't bother dressing for such an occasion. Yoga pants, a pink EVCC hoodie, and no makeup (did I mention the giant zit on my nose?). Anyway, I drove to his house ready for a day of movies and vegetation.

I got to his place, and for whatever reason, I was okay with the fact that our plans were ruined. It didn't bother me that I'd have to wait for another romantic occasion to get that ring on my finger. I was just happy that we both had the day off and I got to see him. I was just so happy to spend the day with my Tim.

While I was chilling at Tim's house, I was on his laptop, talking to his sister-in-law, Jordi. We were talking about her wedding dress, which she was thinking of letting me borrow (because Tim and I were the kind of people to plan and schedule our wedding date before actually getting engaged). Anyway, so while we were talking, she asked me when Tim was going to propose! I don't remember what I said, but I do remember that she told me, right before we ended the conversation, that she would text Tim every hour until he did (which still cracks me up).

After this conversation, that Tim was not actually fully aware of, due to his making a sandwich in the kitchen, he and I were just snuggling on the couch, talking. I was just so happy! For some reason, I was in the best of moods. So we were just sitting there, being cute, obnoxious lovey-doveys, when Tim get's up and says he has a love note for me upstairs. I get all excited, because he didn't write me love notes nearly as often as I wrote them for him. So he goes upstairs to get he note. As he walks downstairs, he reaches in his pocket for the note. Me, being the weirdo that I am, asked him why he bothered to put it in his pocket for the 5 seconds it would take to get to the stairs, to which he replied "Well, I just remembered it was already in my pocket". Silly Tim.

Tim comes over to me, and hands me the note. He looks a little bit nervous. I start to open the note, and out of the corner of my eyes, I see Tim start to kneel down (I'm pretty sure on both knees). I get the note open, and right in the middle I see a ring, taped to the paper.

My sister and her new Fiance!
Now I wasn't one of those cute girls that starts to cry and wave her hand in front of her face. No. I started laughing. Well, okay giggling. But still, I couldn't stop, and I fell to my knees in front of Tim (who was on his knees, and shaking with nervousness). I said yes. of course, and he put the ring on my finger. Then I realized I had to read the letter! So I went back and read the letter, which was adorable and romantic and sentimental, and all about how I make him better, blah blah blah. After reading the note, which ended with the obvious question, I said "yes" again, and we hugged and kissed, and giggled, and just felt happy.

That was one of the best days of my life. So congratulations to my beautiful sister on one of the most exiting days of her life!
My sister's gorgeous ring!
One of mine and Tim's engagement photos.




No comments:

Post a Comment