Monday, June 10, 2013

My Fair (Pinterest) Wedding.

For those of you who are engaged, or rather, anyone not married yet, have a Pinterest wedding before your real wedding.

I'm one of the few girls my age who took a while to get into Pinterest, and having a MASSIVE cluster of ideas would have been very helpful in the planning process. The most important one being wedding photos. When I was making a list of the specific photos I absolutely had to have, it never even crossed my mind to look up a list of common wedding photo poses. Looking at Pinterest now, I see all the other girls my age posting onto their dream wedding board, and discover several things I wish I had thought of before the big day.

When you are engaged, go nuts with the Pinterest wedding. Seriously, that's what Pinterest is for, for a huge scrapbook of ideas all in one place. You'll really appreciate the easy access to thousands of ideas, and it can even help save some money.

If I had gotten into Pinterest before the wedding, I would have gotten a lot more pictures. I forgot so many of the basics! I would have loved to have a picture of me with all my new brothers-in-law. Or a picture of me with just my siblings.


My biggest regret was not getting a picture of just me and Tim with the Seattle Temple (where we were married) in the background. That was one of the most basic pictures, and it totally escaped my mind.

Don't just make a list and assume you've got it all. The wedding only happens once, and its important you get your dream. You know that old saying "measure once, cut twice"? Well that sort of applies to this. Make one list and you'll leave something out, but its pretty hard not to get what you want when you've got about 30 different wedding cakes to reference, and some really fun centerpiece ideas.

In the end, its the marriage that counts, but having your dream wedding, or as close to it as possible, comes in close second.

No comments:

Post a Comment